Release date: 10/27/2016
STATESVILLE, NC –The Farm Credit Associations of North Carolina purchased the Reserve Champion lamb with a winning bid of $10,500. Carolina Farm Credit partnered with AgCarolina Farm Credit and Cape Fear Farm Credit to support the NC State Fair Jr. Livestock Sale of Champions. The winning goat was exhibited by Cynthia Connolly, 14, of Mount Ulla, NC. Connolly will receive 60% of the purchase amount, while the remaining 40% will go to support youth scholarships and livestock programs in North Carolina.
This year’s Jr. Livestock Sale of Champions was held on October 16th and brought in $166,500 to benefit youth scholarships and livestock programs. “The Junior Livestock Sale of Champions is yet another way that the Farm Credit Associations of North Carolina helps to support young people that are involved in preserving the future of agriculture in our state.” said Carolina Farm Credit CEO Vance Dalton.
Carolina Farm Credit is a stockholder-owned cooperative providing financing to full and part-time farmers and agricultural-related businesses and also provides financing for the construction and purchase of homes in 54 counties through 32 branch offices. Other financial services available are credit life insurance, appraisal services, leasing programs and financial planning.
For 100 years Farm Credit has been supporting rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services.
Carolina Farm Credit serves over 9,200 members with loans outstanding totaling more than $1.4 billion. The association’s territory covers the western half of North Carolina, with branch offices located in Albemarle, Asheboro, Asheville, Boone, Browns Summit, Burnsville, Carthage, Concord, Conover, Ellerbe, Graham, Hendersonville, Jefferson, Lenoir, Lexington, Lincolnton, Monroe, Murphy, Pilot Mountain, Roxboro, Rural Hall, Salisbury, Shelby, Siler City, Sparta, Spindale, Statesville, Taylorsville, Waynesville, Wilkesboro, Yadkinville, and Yanceyville.
Carolina Farm Credit was recognized as a 2015 Best Employer in North Carolina. The list of the Best Employers in North Carolina was created by Business North Carolina, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – NC State Council and Best Companies Group.
Directors for Carolina Farm Credit are L. Kim Starnes, Chairman, Salisbury; W. Rex Bell, Vice-Chairman, Statesville; John M. Barnard, Statesville; E. Bernard Beck, Seagrove; Mark A. Bray, Lawsonville; David M. Coltrane, Pleasant Garden; Susie J. Gambill, Sparta; Joseph A. Lail, Shelby; Clark M. Newlin, Haw River; Thomas E. Porter, Jr., Concord; Tony L. Ragan, Sanford; D. Kaleb Rathbone, Waynesville; Lewis E. Smith, Lincolnton; Vickie N. Smitherman, East Bend; Dr. Alton Thompson, Summerfield.
Read issues of our magazine to get association and member news.
Sign up for our email newsletter.
Did you know our local branches post news for their areas? See what's going on around you——find your branch on our locations page.